Every Smile Begins With A Free Consultation!
Our orthodontists are board certified and have received two to three years of additional training and experience. An orthodontist is able to straighten teeth, correct misaligned jaw structure, and improve smiles.
Our goal is to give your child the healthy, straight, and beautiful smile you’ve always wanted for them. We understand that choosing to receive orthodontic care is a big decision, and we respect your reasons for wanting to improve the way your child looks and feels.
Our orthodontic team will work with you every step of the way to make sure your child's care is as rewarding an experience as possible. We offer safe and gentle treatment options and utilize the latest technology to provide the customized, individual care you deserve.
What’s the best age to visit an orthodontist?
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children first visit an orthodontist around the age of seven; however, orthodontic treatment is not exclusive to children and teens. If you want to improve the look and feel of your smile, then any age can be a great time to see an orthodontist.
Please watch this 2 minute video:
Call 832-804-7427 to schedule a Free orthodontic consultation!
Your Free consultation will give you the opportunity to meet our orthodontic team, learn more about orthodontics, and find out which treatment options will best meet your needs. During your consultation, you will receive:
- A complete oral exam, with X-rays, to determine whether treatment is necessary
- A customized treatment plan created just for you
- All financial information, insurance options, and payment plans available to help make your orthodontic treatment affordable
Our orthodontist will answer any questions you may have, and we will provide all the information you need to determine which treatment is right for you.
What happens after the consultation?
You’re one step closer to achieving the smile you’ve always wanted. After your consultation, your orthodontist will place your new orthodontic braces appliances. This appointment generally lasts about an hour or so, and during this time, our team will be available to make sure you are as comfortable as possible.
Visiting the orthodontist about every four to eight weeks is an essential part of your orthodontic treatment. Our practice will work with you to make sure your appointments are as convenient as possible.
When you’re ready to schedule your appointment, contact our offices in the Greater Houston Metropolitan Area, Beaumont and Corpus Christ, TX, and our friendly scheduling team members will assist you.
Visiting the dentist during orthodontic treatment
It is vital that you continue to visit your general dentist once every six months for teeth cleanings and routine dental checkups, even during your orthodontic treatment. If extra dental care is needed, our orthodontists are happy to coordinate with your dentist to make sure you receive the best possible care.
Crooked teeth can affect your self-confidence and even your health. For many people, braces are the only way to achieve a perfect smile.
What are Orthodontic Braces?
Braces feature several components that work together to move the teeth slowly into place. The brackets are the most recognizable and are cemented to the teeth during the duration of treatment. These brackets hold the archwire in place along with the ligature ties, or the colored bands that you can choose at each visit. Once it’s in place, the archwire puts pressure on the teeth to move them toward proper alignment.
Brackets can also feature hooks to accommodate rubber bands that put additional pressure on specific teeth. Specialized brackets can also feature tubes to allow for wires and the placement of headgear, as needed.
Your orthodontist will adjust your braces on a regular schedule during the course of treatment. This adjustment can involve changing ligature ties or wires, as well as new instructions for wearing rubber bands.
Conditions Braces Prevent and Treat
Orthodontic braces can be part of a comprehensive treatment plan to help correct each of the issue below.
- Crowding — Teeth that are too large for the available jaw space can crowd themselves. This crowding can make it hard to maintain good oral health.
- Open bite — Thumb sucking, tongue thrusting, or improper bottle and pacifier use can eliminate the overlap between the upper and lower front teeth. This issue can cause difficulty eating as well as speech problems.
- Misplaced midline — This is when the center of the lower row of teeth does not align with the center of the upper row of teeth. While this can often by simply cosmetic, it can also indicate other bite issues.
- Underbite — If your lower row of teeth protrudes past the upper row, you may have an underbite. If severe enough, this issue can cause jaw pain, headaches, and difficulty eating.
- Overbite — The opposite of an underbite, this is when the top row of teeth protrudes too far over the bottom row. An overbite can make it hard to eat chewy foods, and also lead to jaw pain.
- Spacing — Open gaps between teeth are generally just a cosmetic issue, but they can have underlying causes like periodontal disease.
- Crossbite — A crossbite occurs when some of the upper teeth sit behind lower teeth. This issue causes a great amount of stress on the jaw bone, and can lead to pain.
Please watch this 2 minute video:
Braces are not just for kids
Although the majority of orthodontic patients are kids and teens, a growing number of adults are seeking orthodontic braces for their bite issue. Adults may have limited treatment options, but it’s entirely possible to achieve a gorgeous, straight smile at any age with orthodontic braces.
About one in every five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. Whether you’re considering treatment for yourself or for a child, any age is a good time to visit the orthodontist.
Traditional metal braces are the most common type, and are more comfortable today than ever. Today’s metal braces are much smaller, flatter, and more comfortable than in the past.
Patients of all ages choose metal braces to help them achieve straight, beautiful smiles. Metal braces are made of high-grade stainless steel. Metal braces straighten your teeth using metal brackets and archwires. With metal braces, you have the option of adding colored elastics (rubber bands) for a more unique and colorful smile.
Clear (Ceramic) Braces
Ceramic braces are made of clear materials and are therefore less visible on the teeth than metal braces. For this reason, they are used mainly on older teenagers and adult patients who have cosmetic concerns.
Ceramic braces and clear braces are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces. Clear and ceramic braces offer an aesthetic alternative for patients who seek options other than traditional metal braces. Although they are visually less prominent, they require more attention to oral hygiene because ceramic braces are larger and more brittle than their metal counterparts.
Fastbraces Can Straighten Your Smile in Less Time.
The reduced treatment time and visual improvements are making Fastbraces popular for adults as well as kids and adolescents.
One of the things patients dislike most about traditional braces is the amount of time they have to spend wearing them. While treatment times differ from person to person, most will spend at least 18 months wearing braces. Some people wear braces for up to three years.
We offer Fastbraces, which produces results much more quickly – in as little as three months.
Fastbraces technology uses brackets and wires with a different shape than conventional braces. The unique shape makes it possible to apply force to your teeth in a way that moves both the crowns (white part) and roots from the start of your orthodontic treatment.
Traditional braces move the crowns of teeth first, then the roots. This means your Fastbraces treatment will be shorter, and you won’t have to spend as much time in a retainer after your braces are removed.
Compared to traditional braces, Fastbraces treatment is:
- Faster — Patient may begin noticing movement of their teeth within days. It’s possible to complete treatment in as few as 120 days.
- Less invasive — You are less likely to need to have any teeth extracted before undergoing Fastbraces treatment
- More comfortable — Your teeth are moved in a way that most people find more comfortable than traditional braces.
- Less costly — Because Fastbraces treatment is completed in a shorter time and requires fewer visits to our office, it typically costs less than other kinds of orthodontic treatment.
- Easier to maintain — Instead of wearing a retainer full-time when your braces are removed, you’ll be able to maintain your straight results by just wearing a retainer at night.
There’s never been a better time to straighten your teeth with the most advanced clear aligner in the world. Our office is proud to be a certified provider of Invisalign clear aligners, which give you a clear, convenient, and comfortable option to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
Why Invisalign treatment?
- Faster treatment: With weekly aligner changes, you’re on your way to the smile you want even faster. Depending on your response to treatment, particularly in mature adults, we may consider longer periods between aligner changes.
- Proven results: SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners.
- Better fit: Aligners made from SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective: Invisalign clear aligners can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Virtually invisible: Most people won’t even know you’re going through treatment, because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
- Convenient: Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule, since you only need to visit our office every six weeks.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Your First Consultation
At your initial consultation, we will discuss your orthodontic needs and evaluate whether Invisalign treatment is right for you.
Your Custom Treatment Plan
We will use a scanner such as the iTero® digital scanning system to create fast, precise 3D digital images of your teeth. Then we will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth and how long your treatment will be. You’ll even get to see how your teeth will move and preview your new smile.
Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
Your custom-made aligners will be made of Invisalign’s proprietary SmartTrack® material. They’re virtually invisible, so most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them during your teeth straightening.
Wear your Invisalign clear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for the best results, and take them out only to eat, brush, and floss.
As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth will shift gently and gradually into place. We may recommend that you begin wearing a new set of aligners every week and schedule checkups every six weeks or so.
Taking Care of Your New Smile
When your treatment is complete, ask us about a Vivera® retainer. Vivera retainers are custom made using the same state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign clear aligners.
To learn more about the Invisalign system and all your orthodontic treatment options, please feel free to schedule an appointment at our office. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve a smile that’s made to move!
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Invisalign Treatment for Teens
No two teen cases are the same, which is why Align Technology is constantly advancing its Invisalign digital treatment solutions. This allows our office to deliver a unique, customized teeth-straightening solution that’s more precise and keeps your teen moving forward.
With the Invisalign system’s proprietary innovations, such as SmartTrack® material, your teen’s smile can transform up to 50% faster.* And as your teen becomes the person you’ve always seen, he or she will continue to enjoy the things that make your youngster unique.
Your teen’s smile journey begins with a scan or impressions. We will work closely with Invisalign treatment specialists to develop a complete digital treatment plan to plot your son’s or daughter’s best smile with care from start to finish.
Your teen will receive Invisalign clear aligners created with the Invisalign system’s proprietary SmartTrack material. Throughout treatment, you can monitor your son’s or daughter’s compliance through an indicator on the aligner. Your teen will wear the aligners for 22 hours per day, but can easily remove them so there are fewer interruptions to his or her lifestyle.
As your teen progresses through treatment, his or her smile and life will transform through a series of small, expertly designed shifts. And with the Invisalign Teen Guarantee, you have the option to switch to wires and brackets if your teen decides against Invisalign treatment within the first six months.
They keep moving. Make sure their smile keeps up.
Invisalign treatment gives both you and your teen a better teeth-straightening experience when compared to traditional braces.
- Corrects both simple and complex teeth-straightening cases
- Covered by orthodontic insurance
- Proprietary innovations provide up to 50% shorter treatment times
- No pain from rubbing brackets or broken wires and fewer unexpected orthodontist visits
- Continue to enjoy all of the foods and activities they love
- Removable trays for easy brushing and flossing
- Two times more likely to have a boost in self-esteem
Call 832-804-7427 to schedule an appointment with our orthodontists within the Greater Houston Metropolitan Area, Beaumont and Corpus Christi.